You are here: Home | Home | I am a child or young person | Are you being hurt or feeling afraid

Are you being hurt or feeling afraid

If you need help for yourself or for a friend because of abuse or neglect, you should speak to an adult you trust. Teachers, doctors, nurses, social workers and other adults who work with children are responsible for helping to stop abuse. They will listen to what you have to say. Don't be afraid to talk to these people if you are worried. They are there to help you.

However, if you or anyone you know who is under 18 is being abused or neglected, please pick up the phone and ring the following:

Family Connect team 01952 385385 Monday to Friday
9am - 5pm
Emergency Duty Service 01952 676500

Monday to Friday
After 5pm

Saturday and Sunday
24 hours

West Mercia Police 101 or 999 in an emergency
Childline 0800 11 11
NSPCC 0808 800 5000 (Telephone)
88858 (Texting) (Email)
Princess Royal Hospital 01952 641222

In an emergency, always dial 999!

What happens next?

When you have told someone that you, or someone you know, is being abused or someone is worried about you, they must report this to Children's Social Care or the police if it is an emergency.

A social worker may want to talk to you. They may also talk to other people to get more information.

A decision will then be made about what happens next. This will depend on several things e.g. what the abuse was, whether you or someone else is still at risk of abuse, what other services are available.

Information you might find useful 

National Institute for Clinical Excellence Getting help to overcome abuse A quick guide for young people who are receiving support